Aluminess Products Inc. Refund Policy
We have been in business since 2001 treating our customers with honesty and integrity. Requests for refunds are rare. We always work with our customers to ensure products are fit for their intended use. Products that have been shipped in error or are defective will be returned, repaired or replaced at our expense.
Standard products of current generation vehicles that have been ordered but not shipped or installed can be canceled at no charge. Orders for products of older vehicles that have ongoing sales activity may also be canceled and refunded. For example, 1992 -2012 year Ford E-series Vans have no cancellation charges.
A 10% Credit card fee will be deducted from the refund to cover bank fees. A $250.00 cancellation fee will be deducted from your refund if our engineering team has created a roof rack spec drawing.
Special order and custom products are not returnable for refund. However, we have always worked with our customers who needed to change or return products. We have modified products or found other customers who will purchase their custom products. Chances are good that someone else has a similar need and will gladly take over a custom product. We will do our best to help find that person.
All roof racks are considered special orders. We very rarely make 2 roof racks that are identical. Roof racks are made to each customer’s specifications to fit their intended use. For this reason, roof racks are not refundable unless a new buyer is found. Products that have been shipped or installed may be returned to our facility with prior authorization from customer service.
Products that are not defective can be returned within 15 days of receiving the product. Shipping charges are the responsibility of the customer. Refunds will be based on merchantability. Scratched or damaged product may need to be repaired, stripped and re-powder coated. The cost of restoring the product to an acceptable condition is the customer’s responsibility and will be deducted from the refund.
All shipping costs will be deducted from refunds if a product is returned, including shipping costs incurred by Aluminess on items that ship for free.
Note: Contact customer service for authorization before returning any product. We may have the ability to arrange for pick up and forwarding directly to another customer and save unnecessary freight charges.
Freight is carefully packaged and put on freight trucks in specially designed packaging. If this package arrives damaged it is up to the person receiving the package to start the freight claim process. Follow these steps if you find that your freight has the slightest possibility of being damaged.
- The driver is required to wait for you to inspect the entire contents of the package. Have the driver stay while you inspect the package.
- Take pictures of the outside packaging to show any rips, tears or signs of abuse.
- Do not sign the bill of receipt until the package has been thoroughly inspected and you have determined there is no damage.
- If you do find damage take pictures of the damage. Pictures showing the damage to the product behind the damaged packaging are most helpful.
- Detail all of the damage on the bill of receipt. The driver is required to sign the bill of receipt verifying that he agrees that there is damage to the product.
- Notify Aluminess Products of the damage immediately. Copies of all of the pictures as well as the bill of receipt will be needed before we can help file a freight claim.
- Once Aluminess has the supporting documents a representative will contact you with further steps regarding repair, replacement, and the freight claim procedure.
Please be aware that if you do not note any damage to the product on the bill of receipt then you are stating that the product arrived in good condition. Freight claims are almost never honored if there is no damage noted on the bill of receipt.
Following these steps does not guarantee a successful claim. Once a product has been picked up by the freight truck it becomes the end customer’s property. The more detailed you are with damage documentation the better chance you have of a successful claim and reclaiming the cost to fix or replace the product.
If you have not noted the damage on the trucker’s waybill then you have stated it arrived in good condition. The chances of a successful claim are greatly reduced if you have not noted the damage upon arrival.